Here we have a simply stunning Ferrari 599gtb that was initially just in for a couple of days for a swift spruce up and removal of surface marring, however once work commenced it was clear this was not going to be the case as the images will show.
Usual routines wash wise were adopted. I tried to get some defects in sunlight and as it was a tad hot the filter came out for the first time this year.
Once the cleansing process was done it was inside for claying and further cleansing with our very own residue eliminator for certain areas including the door mirror trims.
Once the final areas were completed it was time to further assess the paintwork.
Here’s what i found i was up against.
They are about the normal I would see for intensive corrective procedures but this was only a light enhancement on first assessment, however this alone wouldn’t have seen many problems arise but the paint itself did indeed cause some stress, it was HS Solid paint which i haven’t come across since the mid 90s and once its cured, its cured, this was like granite and work had to be extended on this by a further couple of days to compensate for this, and although a few soldiers are still left in the battlefield it is now a far cry from the 599 that came in a week earlier, however perfection could be achieved with a full wet sand of the paintwork should this be needed.
The paint was polished using varied pads, polishes and machines and results speak for themselves.
The finish was then further emphasised with the excellent SiRamik SC15 and SC Mist used as protection for the foreseeable future.
all in all i did enjoy this although it was a painful exercise some days, he are the final pics.
All rubber, engine bay and tyres dressed with SiRamik Tyre Dress, glass and wheels also protected with SC15
Thanks for stopping by and checking in on yet another reflectology paintwork correction.