closed

Jaguar XKR Black Edition

This was done a while back now and still having to catch up on write ups i thought i would get back in the swing of it with this one….the client…who’s Bentley Arnage I did…seen here…. http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru…bentley+arnage was keen to get this looking pristine for his trip to France….heres what it looked like….

Was then moved to an area where i could get on with the cleaning stages….and to find the rest of the issues….Ragdoll Cats….3 of them all using this and the owners XK8 as a sun lounger….

As you will see from some of these pictures there is nothing coming back from the paint at all….

The car was washed and cleansed in the usual manner…wheels first etc etc etc….the roof was treated to a good brush and wash then an extraction….it was then left overnight to fully dry out ready for some protection….

The odd spec of dust…fibres that were flying around were tended to with this….

Leaving it all ready for some protection that was in the form of Fabsil….

First coat was brushed on with a 2 inch brush and left to dry….the second coat was applied via trigger spray and left these results….

With the roof out of the way it was defect spotting time under lights….

After a successful session on the bonnet it looked like this….

And after a wipedown with IPA x3 this is what was left….

By the way the polish in question….with a finishing pad….

But you just know that aint gonna be good enough for me…and it wasnt….anyway on with the rest of the job in hand….

And the same combo gave these results on the front wing….

Moving on to the door….which is in a bit of a state….

Or should i say was in a bit of a state….

Rear quarter was fairing no better….

Bumper was treat to the same treatment….

Moving over the boot lid it he was looking a little left out….

So i gave him a little spruce to ease his tension….

And this is pretty much all the pad and polish combo couldnt shift….again…do i hide my work…not according to this picture….

So spot pad out and wella….(not the hair care product)….

With the boot lid looking comfy it was onto the other side starting with the rear quarter this time….

Slight scratch….

And gone….

Carrying on….

Lower of the NS door looked like this….

And a small scratch to the side of the door handle….

At this point I would post some pictures of the near side front wing….but alas they have disappeared….so I will jump straight to a few light source images for your pleasure….

And a couple of ghostly shadow light shots…

As i said earlier this was never going to be enough for me and as always going above and beyond the call of duty I hit the whole thing with Nanotech Super Gloss…Stripped of all masking and readied it for Zaino….of which Z2 was activated with ZFX and 3 coats with Z6 were applied…it then had a coat of ZCS with a wipedown of Z6 10-15 minutes later leaving a stunning cat ready to purr through France….

Enjoy….

Anyway enough of all the beating about the bush pictures…lets get it outside….

It was then moved back to its original beauty spot for some pictures from whence it came….

And to combat the Ragdoll cats….

Will leave you with a simple but stunning picture…says it all really….

Hope you enjoyed the write up and thanks again for dropping in on another Reflectology paint recondition….

Written by