closed

Audi RS6

Monday saw me turn up to work in a fine old mood….very happy and go lucky….looking forward to getting stuck into this Audi RS6….

Doesn’t look too bad and as the owner had owned this for around 6 months….the no light and no sun months he had no reason to doubt the appearance of this fine machine….which was purchased from a HUGE stock of exotic and prestige motors at a dealer of all kinds….well, exotic….

And then the sun shone….

And shone….

And shone….

The eyes popped and alarm bells started to ring….front bumper had been painted….rear os quarter panel had been painted….rear os door had been painted….in all fairness the repairs were not too bad, with the exception of the blend on the rear quarter pillar….why they didnt just lacquer the full rail I have no idea….any way the rest of the motor looked like this….

The wheels were cleaned with a mix of AS Fallout Remover and my own degreaser….works well and I have no reason to doubt that both products have worked in their own capable formats….Brushes as usual are Vikan and will continue to be for the foreseeable future….

Once the wheels were done and dusted it was time to sort out the rest of the machinery….Snow foamed and left to dwell while in which time i was working my way around all the the nooks and crannies….

Obligatory Foam shot….

Washed and dried and onto the clay….which didnt really take that much off…washed again to reveal these….

No real surprise there then….anyway, cracking on it was time to bring this puppy back to life….oh and a good friend of mine told me to have fun as the paint on these is like breeze block….fortunately for me i had my normal polishes and pads and to be honest had no issues in correction, the R32 I did previously gave me more of a headache….

As the sun had been beating down and the roof was seriously hot the decision to start on the lower panels were made and the roof would be done when the sun was either on its way home or a little cooler, later in the day in short….I was making real progress and in good time as well….then the heavens opened, and away with all the gear and electric trickery stuff it was….30-45 mins later it stopped….back out with the gear….the sun came out, it started to heat up a bit….full side done….bonnet done….wing and door on ns done….heavens opened, again….with no hint of this second down pour coming I got drenched….you know what happens….everything away and wait….and wait….and wait….finally after yet another 45 minutes a break in the clouds and on I plod….and did i plod….but after an hr, guess what….in short all the time i had made from the work of the polish and pad combo was taken away from me by the big man upstairs….end of day one….anyway day 2 saw the remaining panels sorted…half of roof and tailgate….then it was onto imparting some serious gloss 3-4 hrs burnishing and hey presto results below….

Wheels came up like this….

Nice Bush….

And a few reflection shots….

Engine bay got a little bit of a tart up aswell….

From this….

To This….

So just to recap….Before….

And after….

Before….

And after….

All usual windows, plastics and rubbers dressed…arches, tyres etc….thanks for looking, hope you like the results….

Written by